Last Updated: December 2022
At Sharp (“we”, “us”, “Sharp”), we take your privacy seriously. This privacy notice explains how Sharp collects and uses personal data and describes the rights you have with respect to your personal data.
As a responsible organisation, we have implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure the most complete protection of any personal data processed by us, in order to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), and in accordance with any country-specific data protection regulations.
This privacy notice is intended to cover all aspects and scenarios of how Sharp processes personal data as part of the Synappx Customer Support Centre.
2. Name and Address of the Data Controller
The data controller for the purposes of the GDPR, other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Sharp Electronics Europe Limited
Phone: +44 208 734 2000
Email: DPOEurope.SEE@sharp.eu (for Data Protection Enquiries)
There is also a secondary data controller of this website:
Sharp Electronics GmbH, Nagelsweg 33-35, 20097, Hamburg, Germany
Phone: +49 (0)40 2376-0
As a data controller we are responsible for deciding how we hold, use and keep personal data secure. It also means we are responsible for responding to requests you make in relation to how your personal data is used. If you have any questions about the way your personal data is processed, you can contact us on these details:
You may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer directly with all questions and suggestions concerning data protection.
As a data controller we are responsible for deciding how we hold, use and keep personal data secure. It also means we are responsible for responding to requests you make in relation to how your personal data is used. If you have any questions about the way your personal data is processed, you can contact us on these details.
3. Data Protection Representative
Article 27 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires organisations that are not established in the European Union (EU) to designate a representative in the EU if they are subject to the GDPR.
Sharp Electronics (Europe) Ltd may undertake processing activities to which the GDPR applies. For that reason, Sharp Electronics (Europe) Ltd has appointed a representative in accordance with the GDPR to act on their behalf if, and when, they undertake data processing activities to which article 3(2) of the GDPR applies. Such appointment is not intended to be an acknowledgement that the GDPR is applicable to any of their processing activities.
The Data Protection Representative of the Controller is:
Sharp Electronics (Europe) Ltd. Sucursal En Espana, incorporated and registered in Spain whose registered office is at Cornellà de Llobregat (08940 – Barcelona), Plaza Pau (Building 6, 4th Floor World Trade)
4. Personal data
This privacy notice covers any personal data processed by Sharp. “Personal data” means any information relating to an individual who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, position, work contact details (email, phone number, address), usernames & passwords. In the course of providing services via the platform, we will collect personal data directly from you.
Below we define types of personal data processed by us depending on the circumstances in which personal data is collected. We collect the following types of personal data from you:
Personal data we collect about you when you visit our site falls into two categories.
- Information provided directly by you
We collect personal data that you provide voluntarily through our site, for example, when completing online forms to contact us or when you provide feedback to us on products and services we provide to you. The information we collect about you includes the following:
- Job title, job level or function, role
- Company or organisation
- Company data
- Contact information, including primary email, email address and telephone numbers
- Information pertinent to fulfilling our services to you
- Any other personal data that you voluntarily choose to provide to us
We do not intentionally collect sensitive category data, unless you provide us with such data. While there may be free text boxes on the site where you are able to enter any information, we do not intend to process sensitive information and you should therefore refrain from providing any such data. If you choose to provide any sensitive personal information in this manner, you acknowledge you consent to the collection and processing of this sensitive information.
- Automatically collected information
Our site also uses various social media plugins, please refer to section 4.6 for further information on their use.
5. Purposes and legal grounds for processing
We limit the collection of personal data to only that which is absolutely necessary to carry out our business obligations and any relevant legal requirements. We may use your personal information for the purposes outlined above and in the course of performance of contract to which you are party to.
6. How we share your personal data
We share your personal information with the following:
- Our staff: Your personal data will be accessed by our staff but only where this is necessary for their job role.
- Companies in the same group of companies as us: For the purpose of providing a service to you.
- External service providers: Sharp use external service providers to assist with, for example, information technology and other administrative support services. Our service providers are contractually bound to maintain appropriate levels of security and data protection
- Law enforcement and regulatory agencies: if we are required to disclose or share your Personal Data in order to comply with any legal obligation or any regulatory requirement
7. Transfers of personal data
Some parts of our internal infrastructure are centralised which includes provision of information technology services. We may also transfer personal data to third parties (and their affiliates) which provide the above-mentioned ancillary services to Sharp.
Therefore, your personal data will sometimes be transferred outside of the jurisdiction in which it was collected and stored. This includes countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Where such a transfer is required, we put in place appropriate security and legal measures to safeguard the safety and security of personal data. Sharp has implemented appropriate intragroup data transfer agreements, providing for a legally binding and enforceable commitment to protect any personal data within the Sharp company group. Where personal data is transferred to a third-party service provider, we also ensure legally binding contractual protections are in place, consistent with the GDPR and any other applicable data protection laws.
8. Your rights
You have the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- To access the personal data held by Sharp about you
- To have your personal data corrected, for example, if it is incomplete or incorrect
- To opt out of receiving marketing communications at any time
- To restrict or object to the processing of personal data or request erasing personal data (in certain circumstances and subject to applicable law)
- To receive a copy of the personal data which you have provided to Sharp, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (known as “data portability”), subject to applicable laws
- Where you have provided personal data voluntarily, or otherwise consented to its use, the right to withdraw your consent
- The right to complain to a data protection authority
To exercise your rights to any of the above or to lodge a complaint about an alleged breach of data protection law, please contact us via DPOEurope.SEE@sharp.eu.
Sharp has implemented appropriate organisational and technical controls to protect the confidentiality and security of information it obtains in the course of its business. Access to such information is limited, and policies and procedures are in place that are designed to safeguard the information from loss, misuse and improper disclosure.
Our policy is to retain personal data only for as long as it is needed for the purposes for which it was collected. Your personal data will be retained for the duration of your employment with Sharp and six months after your leaving date. Following this time, your personal data will be anonymised.
11. Updates to this Policy
We recommend that you check for updates to this notice from time to time but we will notify you directly about changes to this notice or the way we use your personal data when we are legally required to do so.