The Synappx Collaboration Hub Installer helps facilitate the installation of key applications on the in-room PC. Ensure the in-room PC meets the minimum system requirements before you start the installation. You must have Admin privileges on the PC to install the software.
- Before following the steps, ensure the prerequisites are met.
- You must have administrator privileges on the PC to install the software.
- Be sure to allow pop-ups on your web browser (Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge) before downloading the installer
1. Log in to the Admin Portal and navigate to the Agents/Downloads page. Select the Synappx Collaboration Hub Installer and press Download tab. Select Synappx Collaboration Hub Installer to download the installer. [View Image].
2. The installation zip file is downloaded to the PC. Extract the contents before proceeding. The package will include the files shown below. Right click the Setup.exe file, then select Run as administrator [View Image].
3. Windows will display a User Access Control (UAC) page to confirm your agreement to install the Synappx application. Select Yes and the installation wizard launches in a few seconds.
4. After a brief check to ensure the installer software has not been modified, the first wizard page allows you to select the Synappx applications to install. Default is to install all three apps for maximum convenience. After you confirm the apps to install, select Next [View Image].
Note: By default, all three applications are selected:
- Synappx Go Display Agent
- Synappx Meeting (From Microsoft App Store)
- Pen Software
6. Confirm the apps that will be installed and select Next.
7. If selected for installation, the Synappx Go Agent and Pen Software applications will be automatically installed. It could take up to several minutes to complete [View Image].
When the Activate with Synappx Admin credentials to complete configuration screen appears in the bottom right corner of your display, select Activate Synappx Go [View Image].
8. Enter your Admin login credentials to associate the Synappx agent with your company.
Note: If your company has other authentication processes (e.g., Ping), you may need to enter your credentials again. A confirmation dialog will confirm the successful agent activation and association [View Image] [View Image].
9. After the installation of the Synappx Go agent and Pen Software, the Microsoft Store app will automatically launch to download the Synappx Meeting app. Select Get. After the download is complete, select Open.
10. Log into Synappx Meeting using the resource (room) email and password that will be used for ongoing Synappx Collaboration Hub use in that room. (Microsoft 365 only. For Google Workspace, log in is not required.) [View Image].
11. The installation wizard shows the final status. Press Finish and the Synappx Admin Portal log in page is shown for you to associate the newly installed Synappx agent with the licensed workspace. See Associate a Room Display and Agent to Workspace section for those details [View Image].