(Skip if the Synappx Go agent is installed using Synappx Collaboration Hub Installer.)
The Synappx Go display agent creates a secure connection to the Synappx Go cloud and manages document sharing to displays. A display agent must be installed on the PC of every display that will be used with Synappx Go. Here is an overview of the display agent installation and configuration:
- The display agent installation starts on a PC (see steps below). Before installation, ensure the prerequisites are met.
- .NET 4.7.2 is required. If not already installed, a prompt will appear to download it during the agent installation. Allow the download.
- The display agent cannot be loaded on the same PC or server as the MFP agent.
- The display device self-registers to the Synappx Go cloud using X.509 certificates.
- The display agent is automatically visible on the Synappx Go Admin Portal.
Note: Prior to installing the agent, an administrator must download the display agent from the Admin Portal to a separate PC. For convenience, you can download the display agent from the Admin Portal once and copy the zip file to any other display computers that will be configured to support Synappx Go. Then, run the setup on each computer, and each will be configured and displayed automatically on the Admin Portal.
- Copy the Sharp Synappx Go Display Agent.zip file to a directory on the target display PC or server and unzip it.
- Double click setup.exe.
- When the InstallShield Wizard pops up, select Next [View Image].
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) and select I accept the terms in the license agreement. If desired, print a copy of the EULA. Then select Next [View Image].
- The Destination Folder screen will appear. This screen describes the default target directory for installation. In most instances, the default location is the preferred location. To override the default, select Change and select the desired folder. Then select Next. To use the default location, select Next [View Image].
- The installation process will begin; it could take up to several minutes to finish.
- When the InstallShield Wizard Completed screen appears, select Finish.
The Synappx Go display agent will automatically connect to the Synappx Go cloud hosted on Microsoft Azure and complete the agent provisioning, including the use of X.509 certificates. The display is now ready to be assigned to a workspace on the Admin Portal.