If setting up the Sharp MFP with SMTP email to send scans, the following are directions for how to acquire the app password.
- Your Microsoft 365 account must have multi-factor authentication set to enforced.
- Select service settings, select Allow users to create app passwords to sign in to non-browser apps. [View Image]
- Request an App Password from your Microsoft 365 account.
- Sign into your work account and then go to your My Account page.
- Select Security info from the left navigation pane or from the link in the Security info block, and then select Add Method from the Security info page. [View Image]
- On the Add a method page, select App password from the list, and then select Add. [View Image]
- Type the name of the app that requires the app password and then select Next. [View Image]
- Copy the text from the Password box, paste the password in the password area of the app and then select Done. [View Image]
- App password can be deleted if no longer needed
Request an App Password from you Google account. Your Google account must have 2-step Verification enabled.
- Select your user profile icon.
- Select Manage your Google Account.
- Select Security. [View Image]
- In the Signing in to Google block, select App Password. [View Image]
- Select app of Mail. [View Image]
- Select device of Other (Custom name), type a name and then select Generate. [View Image]
- App password will be shown, save App Password.
- App password can be deleted if no longer required.