Admin users are administrators for the Synappx Admin Portal. Administrators manage key components such as workspaces, users, devices and licenses. Administrators can also add and remove other administrators to and from the system. Additional admins do not require Azure administrator privileges. However, they need to be a member of the organisation’s Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace environment.
Here is a list of features for full and support administrators.
Synappx Admin Portal (Common)
|Workspaces||View workspace list||✅||✅|
|Workspaces||Add workspace (manual)||✅||❌|
Add workspace (import from Office 365/ Google Workspace)
|Workspaces||Add workspaces with Group||✅||❌|
|Workspaces||Add workspace (import CSV)||✅||❌|
|Admin User||View admin user list||✅||❌|
|Admin User||Add/remove admin user||✅||❌|
|Admin User||Edit admin role||✅||❌|
|Domains||View supported domains list||✅||✅|
|Domains||Refresh domain list||✅||❌|
|Domains||Edit supported domain alias list||✅||❌|
|Subscription||View subscription list||✅||✅|
|System Log||View and export log||✅||✅|
|Admin Log||View and export log||✅||✅|
|User||View user list||✅||✅|
|User||Add user (import from Office 365/Google Workspace)||✅||✅|
|User||Add users with Group||✅||✅|
|User||Add user (import CSV)||✅||❌|
|Devices & Agents||View workspace details||✅||✅|
|Devices & Agents||Edit settings, re-discover, etc.||✅||❌|
|Notifications||Edit notification email settings||✅||❌|
|Downloads||Download MFP agent||✅||❌|
|Downloads||Download display agent||✅||❌|
|Agent Update||Update agent||✅||❌|
|Agent Update||Update policy||✅||❌|
|Workspaces||Register/remove device in workspace||✅||❌|
|Workspaces||View workspace details||✅||❌|
Full administrators can perform all functions on the Admin Portal after the primary admin accepts the initial permissions.
- Go to Admin Settings on the Admin Portal. On the Admin Users page, select (+).
- Type a few characters of the admin’s name in the Admin Name field. Names from your organisation will appear. Select names from the list.
- Under Role, select Admin for full administrative rights or Support Admin for limited capabilities. Admin is the default. See Administrator Management for more information. The role can be edited later by selecting the admin name. [View Image]
- Select Save. The new administrator will appear on the Admin Users list.
Administrators can set preferences to receive alert emails or mobile push notifications. Admins set their own email notifications; individual selections will not impact other admins. The default is no notifications.
There are three notification options:
- Agent Service Action Required: Notifies admin of agent error that requires action.
- Agent Successfully Updated: Notifies admin when agent update is successful.
- Agent Available for Update: Notifies admin of available agent update.
To set email notifications:
- Individual admins log in to the Admin Portal.
- Select Alerts under in the Settings menu.
- Check the box(es) to enable notifications. [View Image]
Use the Synappx Go Mobile App to set up mobile notifications. Selected notifications are shown on the Notifications page but cannot be edited.
To set mobile notifications:
- Open the Synappx Go app.
- Open the menu.
- Select Settings > Mobile Notifications.
- Tap the toggle to enable mobile notifications. A teal toggle enables notifications. [View Image]
The Supported Domains page automatically collects domain aliases from Azure Active Directory or Google Workspace. The default setting is to enable all domains.
Note: If an admin disables a domain that is already selected, then the associated users and workspaces will also be disabled.
Admins can choose which domain aliases to enable or disable by checking and unchecking the boxes; these settings apply to Synappx Go and Synappx Meeting. Primary domains cannot be unselected. Select the refresh icon to view new domain aliases added to Azure AD or Google Workspace. [View Image]
Microsoft 365 customers who licensed Synappx Go or Meeting before Version 1.3 may see a blue box with a link to opt in to the directory.read.all permission to retrieve domains. [View Image]