Before using the Synappx Go No Login version, you need to configure the Sharp workgroup (A3) and workgroup desktop (A4) MFPs by installing an embedded app in each MFP users will access. See MFP applications for more information about the applications. For compatible MFPs, see the list of supported MFPs.
Note: Sharp A3 Workgroup models must have OSA 5.5 or later.
Here are the installation steps for each MFP type:
Sharp Workgroup A3 MFP and Select A4 Model Setup
To install and configure each MFP to support Synappx Go No Login use:
- Download Synappx Go - No Login.emo from the Application Portal or contact your authorised Sharp service provider to receive the application
- Open browser and access http://<IP Address of SHARP MFP> and log in as administrator.
- Navigate to System Settings >> Sharp OSA Settings >> Embedded Application Settings. Click on Add(Y). [View Image]
- Browse and select ‘Synappx Go - No Login.emo’ file. Click on Execute(U). [View Image]
- Ensure that Register as Standard Application checkbox is selected. Click on Execute(U). [View Image]
- Ensure that app registered successfully.
- Select Synappx Go - No Login.
- Select Detail(M). [View Image]
- Check the box Terminate the Application Automatically after Specified Time. Set the timeout value in seconds in Time to Terminate the Application (sec.) field.
- Click on Submit. [View Image]
- Navigate to System Settings >> Home Screen Settings >> Condition Settings. Go to Home Button table and select the home screen app you want to replace with Synappx Go No Login. Click that application name. [View Image]
- Go to Sharp OSA section and select Application. Use the dropdown next to Application to select the Synappx Go No Login app. Press Submit at the bottom of the page. [View Image]
- View MFP home screen to confirm front panel is show showing the Synappx Go – No Login button. [View Image]
- Press the Synappx button and content with a QR code is displayed on the MFP. This is the Synappx QR code that should be scanned to use the Synappx Go - No Login Go features. [View Image]
- Selected MFPs are configurable to allow the QR code to be shown on the MFP home screen. See supported MFPs. We strongly recommended to use the latest firmware for optimal functionalities and security.
When configuring for an Office 365 SMTP server, set the values as follows:
- Primary Server: smtp.office365.com
- Port Number: 587
- Sender Name: <Office 365 username of account enable for Authenticated SMTP>
- Sender Address: <Office 365 email address of account enabled for Authenticated SMTP>
- Enable SSL: Check box
- SMTP Authentication: Check box
- User Name: <Office 365 email address of account enabled for Authenticated SMTP>
- Device Password: <app password> See Appendix for details on getting app password from Microsoft or Google.
Or, setup SMTP with the Exchange server as follows (setting values may vary per organisation’s exchange server settings):
- Primary Server: <Exchange SMTP server host name or IP address>
- Port Number: 25
- Sender Name: <Exchange username>
- Sender Address: <Exchange email address>
- Enable SSL: Uncheck box
- SMTP Authentication: Uncheck box
- User Name: <blank>
- User Password: <blank>
Sharp Workgroup Desktop A4 MFP Model Setup
See the list of supported MFPs . To install and configure each A4 MFP to support Synappx Go No Login use:
- Download the Synappx Go-No Login.fls. The application is available from your Sharp representative.
- From browser, navigate to http://<MFP_IP_ADDRESS> e.g., http://172.27.0.1
- From the left side menu, select Apps.
- Expand Installed Apps section, select Install an app.
- Select Browse, navigate to the Synappx Go – No Login.fls file), select Open.
- Select Install. [View Image]
- From the MFP embedded web page, Select Device in Settings section.
- Under Device Settings, expand Preferences section.
- Set Screen Timeout to appropriate value in seconds. Range is 5 to 300 seconds.
- Select Save. [View Image]
- Expand Power Management section.
- Set Sleep Mode to appropriate value in minutes. Range is 1 to 120 minutes.
- Select Save. [View Image]
- Expand Home Screen Customisation section.
- Drag Synappx Go – No Login from Icons on other pages column to Icons on Page 1 column.
- Select Save. [View Image]
- To launch the application, from the MFP home screen select Advanced. [View Image]
- Select Synappx Go – No Login application icon and the QR code will be shown for the Synappx Go user to capture from the mobile app to start scan to email and copy. [View Image]
- If you are installing a new version of the embedded app, uninstall the previous version before installing new version.
To send scan emails from the A4 model, configure the MFP SMTP settings.
If using Office 365 as the SMTP server:
- To enable account for SMTP, login to admin.microsoft.com.
- Select Users > Active Users, then select user account that will be used for SMTP authentication.
- On the right-hand side pane, select Mail tab.
- Under Email apps section, select Manage email apps.
- Select Authenticated SMTP and Save changes.
- Browse to device embedded web pages.
- From the left side menu, select E-mail under Settings section.
- Expand E-mail Setup section.
- Set the values as follows:
- Primary SMTP Gateway: smtp.office365.com
- Primary SMTP Gateway Port: 587
- Reply address: <Office 365 email address of account enabled for Authenticated SMTP>
- Use SSL/TLS: Required
- SMTP Server Authentication: Login / Plain
- User-Initiated E-mail: Use Device SMTP Credentials
- Device Userid: <Office 365 email address of account enabled for Authenticated SMTP>
- Account Password or App Password: <app password> See Appendix for details on obtaining a Microsoft 365 or Google app password if applicable.