Configure display devices in each workspace for casting. If a workspace has multiple displays or display devices, automatic input switch is an additional configuration option.
Note: MirrorOp for Sharp Client Sender Application
Synappx Meeting no longer supports the MirrorOp for Sharp client sender application. Switch the casting/mirroring environment from MirrorOp for Sharp to Barco's MirrorOp. Barco's MirrorOp is downloadable at no cost to Synappx users. Download MirrorOp from Barco here.
Once a workspace is licensed, register devices for auto-casting. Up to four casting and display devices can be configured per workspace.
Select a workspace on the Workspaces page. The workspace configuration page will appear. [View Image]
Casting/Mirroring: Select Configure to set up casting/mirroring receiver information (e.g., IP address, receiver PC name). This enables automatic casting when a user starts a meeting in the workspace. Up to four casting receivers can be added. The input connection for the receiver is also defined here for automatic input switch. Select + to add more devices.
Audio: Select Configure to set up Bluetooth audio device information (e.g., unique device address, device name). This enables an automatic connection to a Bluetooth audio device when a user starts a meeting in the workspace.
Registration is necessary to enable auto-casting when a meeting starts.
1. Select the workspace.
2. In the Casting/Mirroring section of the workspace screen, select Configure. The Cast Device Information screen will appear [View Image].
3. Choose a receiver application. For wePresent devices, the sender app must be MirrorOp [View Image].
- Enter the static IP address of the receiver and add a PIN (personal identification number) if a static PIN is used for the receiver.
- Set the Display Input for auto-input switching (optional). Synappx Meeting will switch the display’s input to the selected setting. When users start casting their PC using Synappx Meeting, the input will change automatically, eliminating the need for the user to change the input on the display device. [View Image].
- Enter the receiver PC name and PIN (when a static PIN is used). The PC name* can be obtained or changed at the receiver device [View Image].
- Set the Display Input for auto-input switching (optional). Synappx Meeting will switch the display’s input to the selected setting. When users start casting their PC using Synappx Meeting, the input will change automatically, eliminating the need for the user to change the input on the display device.
- Select OK to save the settings.
*For Windows 10 Shuttle PCs, go to Settings > Projecting to this PC to obtain the PC name.
5. Select OK to save the settings
Up to four devices can be registered to a workspace.
Configure display information under Display. This enables auto-input switching and selecting desired display devices when multiple devices are registered in a workspace. Enter the relevant information [View Image].
There is an option to map a Bluetooth speaker/microphone for the auto-connect audio experience.
- Select a workspace from the Workspaces page.
- In the audio section, select Configure [View Image].
- Select + to add a device. The Add Audio Device dialog box will open.
- Enter the required information and select OK. If you do not know the device address, go to the next section, Bluetooth Device Address [View Image].
Note: It is recommended to use the same device name found in the device properties.
Bluetooth Device Address
The device address is used as a unique identifier preventing users from connecting another audio device with the same name.
To identify the audio device address:
- Connect the audio device to a Windows PC.
- Go to Settings > Devices and Printers [View Image].
- Right-click the device to open Properties. The device address will display as the Unique Identifier [View Image].
- PC Bluetooth mode must be turned on.
- The audio device paring mode may need to be turned on manually before the meeting starts.
- Synappx Meeting Version 2.4 does not support force-switch audio when the audio default is already set on the web conference setting on the client PC.
- Jabra Speak Series
- Logitech® Connect
- Poly Calisto 7200
- Avaya B109